1. Understands and documents the Technical requirements of Application system, NFR.
2. Evaluates and anticipates impact of technical solutions on related projects, Translates technical solutions based on clients needs and feasibility.
3. Evaluates vendor products and prepares recommendations.
4. Writes integrated technical architecture and solutions of multiple applications
5. Designs the system to meet the NFR requirements of the customer.
6. Overseas development and design of core components, frameworks, POC
7. Stays current with technology and determines the impact of hardware and/or software upgrades on new and existing applications.
8. Ensures high quality, adherence to standards and best practices, high performance, and scalable, repeatable processes and deliverables.
9. Understands interrelationships and impacts of systems and applications upon the technical environment.
10. Design and architecture documentation / presentations
11. Research and development to evaluate / compare emerging tools and software products
12. Fine tuning of existing architectures, tools and frameworks
13. To assist in creating standards and best practices for software design and development
14. Bring new design / technology ideas to the team
15. Participates in presales in providing technical solutions and assists in effort estimation
16. This is a hands on position as an individual contributor.
- Communication is a key skill; self-confidence is a must
- Architects have to talk to both technical developers and business managers
- They need to be able to stand up in a meeting and tell the most senior person in the room unwelcome news, like an IT project won't make its deadline.
- EAs also need to demonstrate they're on the cutting edge of enterprise software and SOA.
Required qualification and skills:
1. Engineering/MCA with an experience of 13+ Years
2. Any industry architecture certification (e.g. TOGAF) is a plus.
3. Experience in design, development and delivery of Java based enterprise applications
4. Strong knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and principles
5. Expert level hands-on knowledge on core Java 5 or above
6. Strong knowledge of JEE technologies and specifications such as JPA, Servlets, JSP, JSF etc.
7. Good knowledge on integration mechanisms such as JMS, web services (SOAP based and REST services) etc.
8. Hands-on skills in deployment & configuration of middleware products such as application / web servers, service bus, message servers. Experience in atleast one SOA Suite.
9. Hands-on skills in configuration, use & troubleshooting of popular IDEs, IDE plug-ins, build tools
10. Expertise in multiple Open source products and frameworks e.g. Spring Framework
11. Understand Standards and best practices for Design, Security, System Interface mechanisms, Batch processes, System monitoring
12. Should understand and tradeoff technology frameworks and standards in XML, Web Services, ESB, BPM, Rules Engine, Web 2.0, Rich Client, AJAX, Portal, Content management, Reporting Engine, Database design, SOA, Messaging
13. Experience with SOA implementations to address distributed service transaction requirements with support for standards such as WS-Security, WS-Policy, WS-Coordination, WS-AtomicTransaction, etc.
14. Clear understanding of Web services approach including Web service protocols such as SOAP and REST.
15. Good knowledge of coding standards, source code organization, packaging
16. Good knowledge of current / emerging technologies and trends
17. Good analytical, grasping and problem solving skills
18. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization (written and verbal communication)
19. High levels of initiative and creativity.