1. Understand & create technical requirements of the application including NFR
2. Evaluate and anticipates impact of technical solutions on related projects, translates technical solutions based on client's needs and feasibility.
3. Evaluate vendor products and prepares recommendations.
4. Writes integrated technical architecture and solutions of multiple applications
5. Designs the system to meet the NFR requirements of the customer
6. Overseas development and design of core components, frameworks, POC
7. Responsible for the performance and usability of the system
8. Stays current with technology and determines the impact of hardware and/or software upgrades on new and existing applications.
9. Ensures high quality, adherence to standards and best practices, high performance, and scalable, repeatable processes and deliverables.
10. Understands interrelationships and impacts of systems and applications upon the technical environment.
11. Design and architecture documentation / presentations creation and review
12. Research and development to evaluate / compare emerging tools and software products
13. Fine tuning of existing architectures, tools and frameworks
14. To assist in creating standards and best practices for design and development of large and complex service oriented applications
15. Bring new design / technology ideas to the team.
- Communication is a key skill; self-confidence is a must
- Enterprise architects have to talk to both technical developers and managers
- Need to be able to stand up in a meeting and tell the most senior person in the room unwelcome news, like an IT project won't make its deadline. EAs also needs to demonstrate they're on the cutting edge of enterprise software and SOA.
- Should have delivered at least two SOA Enterprise-level Projects in Oracle SOA Stack (Oracle Service Bus, Weblogic, Coherence) and Oracle Identity Management Suite
- Experience with one or more Enterprise Architecture Frameworks such as Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF), Zachman or TOGAF Frameworks.
- Experience with UML. Knowledge of design patterns.
- Experience with SOA implementations to address distributed service transaction requirements with support for standards such as WS-Security, WS-Policy etc.
- Clear understanding of Web services approach including Web service protocols such as SOAP and REST.