Tally Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a pioneer in the business software products arena. Since its inception in 1986, Tally’s simple yet powerful products have been revolutionizing the way businesses run. Having delivered path breaking technology consistently for more than 30 years, Tally symbolizes unmatched innovation and leadership. Today, it caters to millions of users across industries in over 100 countries and continues to be the unchallenged industry leader in the enterprise resource planning software domain.
Tally is used by close to 1.5 million businesses across the world. We have a 28000+ strong partner network and a total strength of 700+ employees. Tally is Head quartered in Bangalore with 19 regional offices across India and 2 overseas offices (Dubai & Kenya).
Tally’s products run on Tally’s own technology platform, which is developed in-house at our Research and Engineering centre. Our engineers do cutting edge technology work; developing platform artefacts for memory management, data structures, versioned database engine, business data artefacts, UI platform and even a development language which are part of our platform. On the end user side, Tally application development covers a vast range of business functions from accounting, inventory, billing, payroll, manufacturing, costing, budgeting, auditing, compliance etc.
Our Research and Engineering centre is located in Bangalore while our sales offices and partners are spread across the country and specific regions outside India. Our Research and Engineering centre team consists of highly talented engineers who live a purpose and dream to develop the software that will accomplish our goal - To be a technology fabric that drives economic growth of the world.
To build this network of businesses Tally likes to build its own technology stack to deliver the required products. Major components of the stack are highlighted below
• Operating system: We use a trimmed down version of the Linux
• Database system: An object-oriented database written by Tally to support single view, replication, distributed and multi-tenancy
• Web server & app server: We shall write our own hosting platform that can handle millions of connections per server
• Communication and Security: We write our own communication and security layer which cannot be broken even when source code is available
• 4GL Engine: Tally shall define its own language and build a VM to run the programs written using this language
• Applications: Applications shall be built using the 4GL developed by Tally
Role : Design and Development
Function : Research
Experience : 4-8 yrs
What will you be doing?
• Be responsible for the implementation of a module or set of modules for Tally World- our next gen product architecture
• Strong focus on the upkeep of the quality of the deliverables and maintain consistency with the design goals
• Participate in problem definition, come up with solutions, design spec creation and root cause analysis for fixes
• Plan, prioritize, assign, track work with team
• Execute unit testing of the code and iterations of integration testing
• Track work progress and quality through efficient review & acceptance frameworks
• Ensure team delivery high quality code as per spec and monitor the development process to drive output quality
• Understand technical specifications and complete the assignments given with guidance
• Deliver high quality formally tested code
• Understand and use the overall development approach of the organization and follow prevailing practices regarding documentation, coding standards and development tools
• Create low level design - flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts
• Carry out independent research of ways to optimize, tune and improvise a given solution
Who are we looking for?
• Ability to adapt, learn and grow and display a strong sense of ownership
• Open to give and take constructive criticism
• Ability to pick up new technologies rapidly to convert specs to low level design
• Proficient in C/C++ development, OS concepts, Data Structures and Algorithms
• Coding, Code Review, Unit/Functional Testing, Static and Dynamic Code Analysis
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline