Roles and Responsibilities :
- Develop and document database schema to store complex datasets.
- Work directly with software developers and DBA to develop the database backend for the software application.
- Developing SQL statements, triggers, stored procedures, and data extraction routines to import/export data from the repositories.
- Implement or maintain data integrity, error handling and performance tuning in support of all applications and database environments
- Creating technical design documents and use case documents based on the functional requirements.
- Conduct walkthrough session with all stakeholders and get necessary signoffs.
- Coordinate within team about the changes and take ownership to the modules assigned.
- Support QA testing and resolve defects within SLA.
- Propagate changes from lower region to production region.
- Ensure that development, QA and Production systems are available and in the correct configuration with the correct data for standard Development / QA / Production life cycle. This includes taking an active role in the DevOps of these environments
- Understanding the functional requirements and developing/enhancing the application programs in systems as required.
- Work in an agile continuous build environment.
- Manage all database maintenance activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checking.
Desired Candidate Profile
- PL/SQL Programming ( including DB2), Unix, Mainframe
- Good to have NoSQL experience will be helpful(as in the roadmap, we might be moving)