Minimum of 7-10 years in a combination of data warehousing, business intelligence, and data analysis.
Administrative / Technical Skills / Other Information
Proficient in SQL.
Knowledge of data warehouse design principles.
Knowledge of at least one major business intelligence tool (i.e., OBIEE, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, etc.)
Outstanding written and spoken communication skills.
Group facilitation skills.
Level Supervised :-
May supervise one or more junior team members as part of a project.
IT Business Intelligence and Data Analyst Consultant
Responsible for gathering and documenting data and reporting requirements for business projects needing enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence support.Performs data analysis to clarify business reporting needs. Develops and executes testing plans to assure quality of delivered data and reporting.
Essential Job Functions:-
1. Leads requirements gathering effort with business partners and internal/external technical staff. Documents requirements for new as well as enhancements to existing data and reporting.
2. Develops test plans, test cases, test data, and test scripts to ensure that requirements have been accurately addressed.
3. Executes testing, reports on results, and works with technical team to address any identified issues.
4. Leads small teams on high-profile, complex projects requiring cross-enterprise coordination involving multiple business units.
5. Performs data analysis for the purposes of profiling new data sources, researching data issues, and responding to business partner questions.
6. Reviews data models and report designs to ensure requirements are adequately addressed by proposed solutions.
7. Participates in the generation of metadata and other user support/training materials.