The ServiceNow Developer will work with IT and other business units in implementing the company’s ITSM processes in the ServiceNow platform. This role should adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible solutions to moderately complex problems. Also, uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems. This position should also be capable to determine methods and procedures on a new assignment and collaborate with other team members. Manages work efforts assigned by manager.
Candidate should demonstrate skills in areas for the development, documentation and technical support of the ServiceNow platform under domain separated environment. This position will vary in the scope of project responsibilities; however, generally, this position will focus on designing, developing and delivering technical solutions that are developed on the ServiceNow platform.
• Work with IT management and business teams to translate business requirements into ServiceNow solutions.
• Provide software configuration and customization including, but not limited to: User Interface, workflow administration, report and dashboards setup, data imports, LDAP integration, custom applications, content management, scripting, and third-party software integrations.
• Analyze business requirements and document technical solutions.
• Develop, design and roll out new application modules, workflows, catalog requests, content management, custom applications, configuration management, and asset management.
• Research new functionality and recommend solutions that deliver customer value.
• Design and develop Custom applications based on the ServiceNow platform
• Create workflows to improve process efficiency; guide business teams on best practices.
• Maintain the development, test and production environments for multi-site global access.
• Respond to service desk ticket escalations. Investigate, analyze, document, and correct reported defects.
• Create and maintain technical documentation as well as assist with training and related materials as needed.
• Manage/ensure third-party software is functioning properly; provide reports if needed.
• 3+ years of experience in ServiceNow design, development and maintenance.
• 2+ years of experience in web development
• Experience working through a ServiceNow version upgrade process.
• Candidates shall possess the skill to develop on the ServiceNow platform including the creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, Content management and ESS Portal.
• Must have designed and developed 1 or 2 Custom applications in ServiceNow platform.
• Experience implementing systems using the Agile/Scrum methodology
• Experienced in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes including customer requirement analysis and system design
• ITIL certification is a plus
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people
• ServiceNow developer certification required.
• Experience with working in Web Services Integration (SOAP, REST, and JSON)
• Familiar with database concepts (e.g. SQL) desired
• Experience with ServiceNow domain separation is desired.
• Administration of a ServiceNow instance including the delegation of groups, modification of CMS, workflows, business rules, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs, Record producer, ServiceNow API/Adapters, Glide scripts and dictionary, notification, catalog items maintenance and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions
• Experience with working on data modeling, workflows and scripting.
• Experience with CMDB, Discovery
• Experience with Vulnerability response and Security operations
• Custom reports using performance analytics
• Self-service development using customer service management