People who are excited by technology and working with others to develop truly GREAT software. People willing to learn new skills and who are not tied to any one language, but who have developed their skills sufficiently to accept any challenge. People who are willing to take ownership, take responsibility and perform in a "first-class" way.
- Administer and support VMware platform.
- Maintain appropriate documentation on virtualization.
- Provide a point of escalation and support to the Service Desk Team
- Provide 247 on-call support for the environment.
- Participate in weekend maintenance activities, as required.
- Perform routine system administration duties.
- Monitor ESXi servers and troubleshoot problems.
- Produce appropriate documentation for application deployment, configuration, and related processes.
- Responsible for the operations and upkeep of the private and shared virtualized environments.
- Work closely with other virtualization engineers on new implementations as well as maintaining the current environments.
- Act as a technical escalation point within Central Operations for virtualization specific issues.
- Responsible for implementing and supporting process and systems are in place to deliver highly available virtualization platforms.
- Creates documentation for customer environments, processes, technical training, and support procedures.
- Provides training and technical leadership to Tier I personnel.
- Provide additional support when necessary for backup and storage functions.
- Drives efficient and effective resolution of customer issues.
- Participates in an on-call rotation to ensure 247 coverage of critical customer and internal systems.
- Must have working experience supporting, maintaining and administering core VMware technologies.
- Must have experience performing Enterprise level Project Implementation and support. Also must have strong working knowledge.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, and experience in a professional service environment, with responsibility for supporting multiple applications and network environments.
- Must have Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have very strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Location : Bangalore