Primary job duties include:
- Configuration and ongoing maintenance of Company transaction tax calculation software;
- Researching transaction tax laws to create and maintain the tax rules (e.g. product taxability) within the transaction tax calculation software;
- Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle – from design through delivery – with an emphasis on testing to ensure that projects conform to the business requirements and rules;
- Communicating with merchants, customers, and Customer Service regarding the calculation of transaction taxes;
- Providing subject matter expertise to various business and IT organizations to include Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups.
This position requires interaction with all of the company’s business units, so any candidate should be able to work well with cross functional teams. Additional qualifications include:
- 4+ years relevant transaction tax experience and working knowledge of Indian VAT/CST and Service Tax and the new GST;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize;
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment;
- A team oriented, customer-centric attitude;
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented;
- The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects.
• Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department;
- Experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation and compliance software (e.g., Vertex, Avalara, OneSource/Sabrix, and Sovos/Taxware;
- Project management experience.