Perform detailed analysis and deliver solution design to support functionality enhancement requests to frontline UI system used by Customer Care and Retail Representatives. Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Acts as a liaison between the user community and internal IT resources.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical system design recommendations to meet business and functional requirements
- Translate business and user requirements into comprehensive functional specification and technical specification documents, that include elements such as:
- Decision Flow Diagrams
- Sequence Diagrams
- Use Cases
- Service Orchestration/Mappings
- Define and document system level requirements to support small, medium, or large scale projects and enhancements to the system.
- Work with Architecture, Development, Middleware, User Experience and Billing teams to facilitate implementation of required changes to frontline system; support new software releases/deployments as scheduled by company; identify trends in growth in order to take proactive approach toward problem resolution.
- Collaborate with IT and business teams to test, deploy and verify requested system changes.
- Attend business requirements meetings to determine potential impacts to our front-end Customer Care and Retail systems
- Schedule and lead technical design sessions which entail integration across multiple systems
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate estimates of effort and timelines for completion of assigned tasks and workload to achieve deliverables and goals, delivering on time and on estimation for small to large projects.
- Create and deliver articulate and effective oral presentations to a variety of audiences, large or small, internal or external.
- Regularly convey status to stakeholders and management.
Requirements & Experience:
- 5 years minimum experience designing applications/systems functioning in a SOA environment
- Position requires strong verbal and written communication skills in order to accurately convey complex technical problems, their impacts, and resolutions to management, vendors, or business teams.
- 7 years minimum experience in software development, software design or business process design (example: process modeling, use case analysis, etc) and implementation preferred
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments.
- Working knowledge of:
- Middleware concepts
- System architecture concepts
- Billing system or Customer Care system concepts
- Experience creating Functional Specification documents required. Experience creating Impact Assessment documents is preferred.
- Experience in Systems Analysis of medium to large-scale projects with multiple functional components
- 5 years minimum experience with supporting both purchased and in-house developed applications required
- 5 years minimum experience with a formal SDLC preferred
- 5 years minimum experience developing business solutions with a variety of tools preferred
- 2 years minimum Project Management, Management, Team Lead, or other equivalent leadership experience preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in telecommunications industry preferred
- MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience with multiple functional areas including, but not limited to, Customer Account Maintenance, Activations, and Billing in both Prepaid and Postpaid environments
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of various business process and system modeling tools including: Data Flow Diagrams, Process Models, State Modeling, Process decomposition, and Use Case Scenarios.
- Understand the system development life cycle
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements/applications on existing IT Infrastructure
- A four year degree in Business, MIS, or equivalent (10 years minimum related experience/training preferred)