Position - Manager, Merchandiser
Experience range - 6-10 years
Location - New Delhi
for its operations in Delhi. The role demands the candidate have following expertise -
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of cotton knits & an added preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of Polyester & its blends.
- Detailed knowledge of fabric, trims from a commercial point of view and its impact on the costing & detailed breakdown of components in a cost sheet .
- Detailed understanding of client requirement (in the form of a technical document and/or emails) and ensuring supplier works as per the client requirements and delivers in time.
- The candidate is someone who has detailed understanding of all steps involved from start to finish namely yarn processing, knitting, dyeing (including lab dips), fabric finishing and stitching .
- Ability to trace and solve quality issues that might arise at the manufacturing level and work closely with partner factories to solve it.
- Understanding and prior working experience for fabrics, accessories & trims with suppliers.
- The candidate should have hands-on experience in working on small as well as large sized orders and the ability to deliver on them independently.
- Monitor garment sampling process & be able to offer inputs in being able to match client requirements.
- Complete understanding & delivery capability from client requirements to final delivery of the consignment . The ability to troubleshoot any event that might occur in the entire process.
- Some understanding of quality & factory audit steps to get good sourcing partners on board.
The ideal candidate would be someone who would have the following skill set -
- Exp. 6+ years in working with a factory or a buying house .
- Graduate Degree / Dip. in Fashion/ Garment industry.
- Passionate about the industry and willing to go the extra mile for the company.
- Sound communication skills & an ability to speak clearly.
- Candidate should have some operational/factory experience will be Plus
- Candidate should have prior working relationship with yarn sellers, knitting units, dyeing units as well as garmenters.
Desired Candidate Profile:
Senior Merchandiser - Shall Have Sound Expertise and experience in 6 Yrs + Exp in Garment Export House, Buying House Knits - Cotton (with blends) & Polyester (with blends)Fabric, trims & accessoriesCosting - ability to help client bring down costTechnical pack On-boarding vendors (factories)Interaction with vendors for order execution Sampling execution and client approvalsSound Communication & Interpersonal Skills