Key Purpose of the Job
This role is responsible for the sales& marketing of the Poultry Business and would be responsible for the top line & bottom line achievement of the poultry business. He will also evaluate strategies, forecasting and consolidating outputs to form a cohesive and targeted marketing agenda.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Job Responsibility Key Activities
Plan and Conduct Market/Competitor Analysis& Develop Sales Strategy
• Conduct detailed analyses to better understand the current business value chain as well as potential areas for growth and efficiency expansion. Define value opportunities and channels/routes to market and incorporate where applicable into the marketing strategy/plan
• Prepare and monitor marketing strategy, plan and activities and alignment to business plans and objectives.
• To come out with sales strategy, developing action plans and defining targets for sales force
• Forecast of Annual Sales Planning by finalizing an estimate of sales geography wise.
• Ensure that the sales plan is clearly understood by all managers.
Manage Communication& Branding
• Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, preferences and behaviours through customer relationships, sales management feedback and sales processes
• Understand the market trends, insights on competitors, competitor analysis on a regular basis
• Proactively provide customer and market intelligence to the business
Identify Customer& Develop Positioning for products and services • Proactively identify new business opportunities, develop cases and ensure these are incorporated into the Customer Sales strategy
• Develop strategy for company’s product marketing
• Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and result which identify marketing opportunities, direct marketing, and new business segment development
• Propose marketing activities for Key Accounts and integrate efforts for product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and seminars
Sales execution and performance Mgt
• Ensure that the sales strategy and plan is executed
• Manage sales staff to ensure sales objectives and targets are achieved
• Monitoring the sales staff and area managers and address thegaps if any
• Review and assess on regular basis the sales performance to ensure Ayurvet’s sales strategy and direction is effective in delivering the desired results
• Assess individual performance in headquarters through the area managers, identify and address headquarters that have continuously not achieved their targets
• Identify high performing sales people and reward them. Simultaneously, identify the chronic low performers and train them
• Work closely with each direct reportee i.e. to ensure achievement of targets.
• Allocate, monitor and evaluate the performance of the team
• Ensure appropriate training and development of employees
• Ensure that regular team meetings are held and the best practices, areas of improvement, customer preference, market intelligence etc. is shared within the team to enhance overall performance
• Undertake Performance appraisals of direct reportees and strengthen their performance through constructive feedback
• Finalize the appraisal scores of all the sales employees with the help of Area Managers
Additional Job Responsibilities
• Performing any other activity as suggested by CEO-HCP or as required by the business