· Monitor quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met through production of high quality material that meets customer delivery expectations.
· Initiate hiring when needed to cope with expanding workload or for replacement of substandard employees.
· Regularly coaching and interacting with the employees and keeping them updated with the new technologies that have come.
· Ensure employee safety training is conducted as required by Company Policy.
· Initiate disciplinary measures according to company policy when needed and dismiss production employees when all corrective attempts have failed.
· Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
· Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
· Initiative plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
· Meet all customer commitments through the production of timely, efficient and high quality products and service.
· Responsible for formulating policies, programs, and objectives affecting the schedule, quality, and cost of manufactured products. Directing and coordinating production according to quality and quantity specifications within cost objectives
· Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while maintaining current quality standards
· React productively to interruption & changing conditions.
·Communicate effectively with different departments, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that production, sales, and customer objectives are met.
· Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
· Supervise the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs and, when necessary, reorganize to meet deadline changes and updates.
· Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
· Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company manuals. Ensure policies, procedures and compliances are adhered to.
• Must have sharp analytical and problem solving skills
• To plan and schedule production to achieve budget/PPC volume requirement.
• Implement strategies in alignment with organizational strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
• Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production volume.
• Developing manufacturing and operational strategic plans and generally overseeing their implementation to ensure maximum capacity utilisation of the manufacturing units towards achieving the group’s strategy, growth and profit objectives.
• Ability to oversee production/ safety/ quality/ norms/ pollution control.
• To manage plants operations in the most productive, safe & environment friendly manner by adopting better technology and good practices.
• Maintain a positive department attitude and ensure that all employees under the supervision are aligned with the company goals.
• Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes. Schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies.
Knowledge & Ability:
• High energy level required.
• Strong leadership skills, co-ordination skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.