This role is for a Commercial/Digital Manager in the Life Sciences industry team within the Products Operating Group in Accenture Management Consulting's Capability Network (CN) practice. CN is being grown aggressively to service overseas markets and has grown from startup mode to over 2000 consultants today.
The Life Sciences industry group works with the following industries:
- Medical products and devices
and other companies across the life-sciences value chain, provides services such as large-scale business and technology transformation, targeted business performance improvement, and post-merger integration.
Our key areas of focus include Marketing and sales, supply chain, manufacturing, research and development. Additionally, we operate life sciences-specific business process and IT outsourcing services across all geographies in the global industry.
Management Consulting + Track skills
General Business Consulting
- Can draw insights from complex financial and quantitative analysis and integrate these insights and findings across work streams and come up with overall plan to drive strategy and solution development. Also, can structure and implement forecasting models and identify transformation opportunities
- Can identify company's key cost and value drivers and explain their priority / influence on business performance
- Can develop strategies and operating models focused on 1 or 2 business units and assess likely competitive responses. Also, can assess implementation readiness and points of greatest impact
- Manages proposals and business development efforts and coordinates with others colleagues to create consensus driven deliverables.
- Can define and execute a transformational change plan aligned with client's business strategy and context for change. Can engage stakeholders in the change journey and build commitment for change. Understands implications a new strategy will have on day to day cross functional operations of a business
- Has good sales acumen, applies client knowledge, Accenture sales, opportunity management and contract processes to structure high impact solutions for clients.
Client and Project Management
- Can lead a project across Service Lines and manage client and stakeholders expectations.
- Develops trust based relationships with clients and manages client expectations. Can work with client leadership to reprioritize activities / alter plans as required and can influence clients to secure cooperation for action
- Create a compelling message through a storyline in a deck. Can identify multiple storyline possibilities and choose best approach.
- Leads presentations for the entire project with the client. Advocates a point of view and orchestrates, addresses difficult questions/ conflicts during presentations
- Can engage stakeholders and drive colleagues to create consensus driven deliverables
- Industry Expertise: Experience in Life Sciences Industry is mandatory.
- Life Sciences Commercial/Digital experience is preferable
- Domain Development: Develop assets and methodologies, develop of points-of-view, research or white papers, support development of marketing collateral, conduct public speaking and publish in industry periodicals
- A minimum of 7+ years of progressive industry and/or in Life Sciences Industry
- Experience working on large-scale Business / Operational Transformation projects desirable
- Strong program management skills
Key responsibilities of the role:
The LS Manager will be responsible for helping in driving our Life Sciences clients- strategy and business planning efforts. Responsibilities may include:
- Project Delivery: Managing delivery of consulting assignments both in individual capacity and many a times in the role of a team lead. The assignments could range from strategy development, strategy implementation, market scoping, regulatory environment scanning, process improvement, Accenture asset/PoV development, etc.
- Business Development: Working as part of pursuit teams, participating in aspects of the proposal development process. Support efforts of global sales team to win potential opportunities within the practice.
- Practice Management: Taking responsibility within Life Sciences industry group or across the Products group in areas of responsibility help manage and build the practice, tracking metrics, etc.
- Domain Development: Development of assets and methodologies, development of point-of-view, research or white papers, internal tools or materials for use by larger community. Acquiring skills that have utility across industry groups.
- Worked in top Consulting or pharma company
- Worked internationally in the pharmaceutical /medical devices / biotechnology industry or worked in an international context with clients from the above industry segments.
- 7+ years of progressive business and/or consulting experience.
- Global pharmaceutical industry or consulting experience is preferred.
- Should have worked in the Pharmaceutical space and done work around (any 3-5):
- Digital and Mobility solutions for Pharma marketing and sales functions
- Digital / Web analytics
- Customer Relationship Management
- HCP CRM system analysis
- Patient Adherence Programs
- Campaign Management
- Social Media Strategy/Assessment
- Search Engine Marketing
- Multi-Channel Marketing/Design
- Digital Operating Model
- Product launch strategy
- Product or Portfolio marketing strategy
- Sales strategy
- Sales Force Efficiency / Automation
- Sales Force Effectiveness
- Should have an MBA from Tier-1 B-Schools or have rich experience in case not from Tier-1 B-School
- Consulting fitment (must have)
- Experience working with senior level executives preferred
Visa Enablement - prefer candidates with US Green Cards/other visa