1 Client communication and engagement from business and data domain perspective
2. Key Roles and Responsibilities in detail
3. Competencies required other than skills:
a. Technical/ Functional
Extensive expertise in
4. DW & ETL using one of the tools / languages SQL/PLSQL, ODI, Informatica, SSIS, SSRS, etc.
5. data modelling, both logical and physical.
6. multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, denormalized models, handling slow-changing dimensions/attributes.
7. relational - SQL - and multidimensional - MDX - query languages. NoSQL DB knowledge is a big plus.
8. business driven / sel-service BI
9. identifying best views and lead the team in creating and wireframes basis the business case shared and knowing the Ux aspects
Proficient at understanding performance management in BI/Dashboarding space and at identifying root causes of performance roadblocks for deployments spanning hundreds of simultaneous users accessing dashboards over multiple channels such as web/mobile/desk. Adept at managing and resolving the identified issues and addressing recurring performance issues.
Must be well aware of the best practices (coding, documentation, processes, etc) within the BI area.
A Strong understanding of data security and privacy technologies and awareness of key BI trends including open source software and technologies within BigData space
A Strong understanding of the BI Vendor landscape and advantages and limitations of various BI software (Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire)
A Strong understanding of mobile delivery architecture and best practices
A Strong understanding of Customer Experience (CX) technologies
General business skills:
Extensive experience interacting with senior level executives.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
Experience managing large, globally dispersed complex BI projects and teams
Extensive experience in and high comfort level in eliciting business problem information from business stakeholders and then identifying best approaches within BI to address those problems. Must have extensive experience in identifying the most optimal ways of showing information on screen using the right type of charts/graphs/infographics depending on the type of intended users and their experience level and their needs.
Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
A Strong understanding of data security and privacy laws
A Strong understanding of CX best practices