- Our client is a leading provider of Agile consulting, training, and distributed Agile software development, is looking for Java Developers to support our growing customer base.
- This individual will work at client as part of a team developing an application for one of our major clients.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, interest in technical practices, and will have worked in an Agile/Scrum environment with Extreme Programming (XP) practices.
- Analyze, code, test, and document new functionality and fixes for defects in software applications.
- Redesign existing systems for improved performance, reliability, or functionality.
- Create, modify, and validate databases.
- Work with other disciplines (Test, PM, Operations) and partner teams to gather and prioritize requirements.
- Work with the team to estimate new work.
- Experience in the development of complex SQL queries
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent command of the IDE
- Experience with SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) application design and development
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment desired
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience in paired programming.
- Ability and willingness to travel to client's sites to coach and be an embedded developer on XP practices.
- 5+ plus years of Java programming experience
- 5+ years of object-oriented (OO) development and design
- Experience writing and consuming SOAP and REST services
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG