Preferred: From Product Dev/eComms
- Primary focus for the role is to transform development processes for existing applications software development into a Continuous Delivery-driven SDLC, influencing and educating development and QA teams to adjust working practices in alignment with moden day software development and delivery approaches (CI, CD, AWS).
As a part of a DevOps team, the role is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining automation processes needed to build and deploy software components in AWS cloud. The role also assumes small degree of incident management for any issue at any stage of the software development life cycle.
Key Responsibilities :
- Software delivery automation (CD, CI)
- Promotion and evangelization of DevOps best practices (CI, CD, automated testing, branching strategy, decoupling, etc- )
- Simplification and improvement of software delivery/release processes - Support existing development processes
- Support cloud-based solutions by building and managing infrastructures in AWS - Participate in services and software systems design
- Monitor and fix issues identified or reported
- Minor development for intenal services and automation needs - Plan, coordinate and implement changes to maintained software configurations and installations
- Interactions with development teams for task scheduling, clarification and implementation - Participation in deployment processes (development and testing)
- Editing and maintenance of documentation for software architectures and automation processes
- Be part of the L2 production support team
Must haves :
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Systems Administrator/DevOps supporting development teams
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, patching, releases and software development at scale
- Strong scripting skills in one or any combination of bash, python, perl, ruby
- Good understanding of the mechanisms of Web-environment architectures approaches
- Strong knowledge of cloud providers offering, AWS in particular
- Good knowledge of a configuration management tool like Ansible, Packer.
- Excellent knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery approaches
- Strong practical knowledge of CI Tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Good understanding of enterprise standards and enterprise building principles
Should haves :
- BSc/ MSc degree in the field of computer science is preferred, otherwise equivalent experience is expected
- In-depth knowledge in Linux OS
- Basic knowledge on software delivery orchestration tools like Spinnaker, GoCD, Jenkins Pipelines, Nolio, IBM UberCode.
- Theoretical and practical skills in Web-environments based on Java technologies, e.g. Tomcat, Jetty, Jboss
Nice to haves :
- Good knowledge of cloud infrastructure orchestration tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Good understanding of enterprise search technologies, such as Elastic Search, Lucene, Solr is a plus.