Good verbal and written communication skills - This resource is asked to provide input (slides) to the monthly report and to present to WSI management on occasion
Strong AbInitio design and development skills - 95% of WSI's ETL is written using AbInitio
AbInitio performance tuning skills
Outgoing personality that is not shy about reaching out to individuals at the customer or the offshore team
Preferably from a managed services background (understands SLAs, metrics, offshore teams, etc.). If not from a managed services background, then is at least willing to learn and adhere to a MS project. Resources from a pure development background have trouble understanding what we should and should not be doing as part of a managed services project.
- Work with engineers from disparate source systems for data acquisition, transformation and data quality.
- Understand the structure and meaning of data coming in the source systems through data profiling and applying business content to the data.
- Define business rules and transformations for data coming from source systems into the data warehouse to match the business application of the data.
- Design and develop production level data loads into the data warehouse that are optimized for fast performance and minimal maintenance.
- Design dimensional data models that work well with the other components of the BI stack, like the database and reporting tools.
- Identify data quality issues and their root causes. Implement fixes and design data audits to capture the issues in the future.
- Implement indexing and partitioning strategies that maximize query performance based on how users access the data.
Skills, Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of Ab Initio experience (GDE and EME) and Unix experience
- Minimum of 3-5+ years data warehouse and ETL processing experience
- Teradata experience preferred; Excellent SQL skills required
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical associates and vice-versa a must
- Experience with ETL design and code development and support in Ab Initio
- Experience analyzing customer behavior data in a web-based environment or operations-based data preferred.
- Experience using rapid prototypes to develop information requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism are must