The purpose of this role is for the Senior Consulting Associate to lead Practices/Market for Media relations. This position calls for maintaining strong media relations with Mainline and Print publications, Broadcast channels and Online Media. The individual will work in collaboration with the aligned Practices/Market to develop new and maintain existing media relations, formulate media communication strategy, execute media relations for crisis communication and generate regular media trend analysis and maintain a vibrant media contact database.
The individual will be responsible for building media intelligence and key influencers into contacts. The Senior Consulting Associate Media Relations adds value by identifying opportunities and finding solutions to maintain and grow the Practice portfolio of clients and coaching and training team members to execute successful media campaigns.
Developing comprehensive and targeted strategic media plans and assisting in developing written communications materials on sensitive issues and crises
Working effectively as a team member under deadline pressure, meeting established timelines, and safeguarding confidential and sensitive data.
Tracking and monitoring media and social media websites and compiling associated reports for managers and senior executives.
Performing other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Requirements: Ideal candidate would have to be:
1. Educational Qualification - Graduate in any stream or professional qualification in the field of communication. A degree in Mass Communication & Journalism is preferred.
2. Media Relations: The individual will be responsible for maintaining strong media relations with Mainline and Financial Print Publications, Broadcast channels and Online Media. S/he is required to have a strong network with trade magazine as per practice alignments. S/he will be responsible to meet Editors, Bureau Chiefs and Beat correspondents regularly.
3. Media Communication Strategy: The individual will be responsible for mapping media opportunities in all verticals of media i.e. Print, Television and Online. S/he needs to have an excellent understanding of News flow and organizational structure in Media houses. It is preferred that s/he has exceptional knowledge of various sectors and policy matters.
4. Crisis Communication: The individual will need to have the ability to strategise counter-measures in a variety of crisis situation that the clients of the firm might have. Hence it is essential that s/he has strong media relations to execute media outreach in such situations.
5. Media Trend Analysis: The individual will be responsible for management of a comprehensive database and keeping close vigil on media movements. S/he should have the ability to decipher media trends and recommend strategies for improved media exposure.
6. Other Skills The individual must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. S/he should be able to establish trust with both external and internal stakeholders. S/he should be articulate, have attention to detail, good interpersonal skills. A business manager, s/he should be able to work under pressure of deadlines.
7. Internal Must ensure adherence to the client service, business and employee processes of the firm. Ensuring an open, transparent and apolitical work environment