Senior Agronomist (SA) is a role specially developed for keeping focus on branding activities by guiding and monitoring the team of Market Development Executives/ MDE (Trainees) and MDTs. SA will be working with the promotion team andin close coordination with ZMs and Sales MOs.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Map out Season-wise, territory-wise crop prospects.
- Match our offerings to suit these prospects and derive product-wise sales and liquidation objectives.
- To do the above, extensive database on Crop acreages at micro level, Agro related statistics to be collected on a regular basis (season-wise)
- Ensure promotion of holistic nutrition package concept which includes Unique grades of Fertilizers, Organic manure and SND products.
- In Coordination with the ZMs and MOs,-Chalk out detail promotion plan- MO territory-wise with manpower and other resource requirement.
- Conduct extensive class-room and on the job training for the promotion team (Market Development Executives and MDTs).
- Jointly review the progress of the promotion plans- MO territory wise and take course correction if necessary.
- Primary responsibility for organizing Crop Seminars with involvement of Scientists, laison with Department specialists and Research Institutes to enable development of positive disposition towards our Company and its products.
- Market research ( mainly dip-stick studies) and feedback studies for collecting data and necessary inputs for fine-tuning our promotion and also to scan for new product opportunities.
- On a monthly basis report in detail Crop and Agro-climatic conditions, Prospects for the next month. Programmes conducted during the previous month and plan for the next month. Performance against objectives set- MDE & MO wise. Competitor activity.
- Continuously study other product groups/industries to generate ideas about new promotion/media opportunities and methods.
- Conduct 2 studies- one at the end of Kharif and the other at the end of Rabi to assess the effectiveness of promotion programmes conducted and chalk out action plan to incorporate the inputs. Objective is to ensure maximum effectiveness of the promotion programme.
Desired Candidate Profile: Qualified Bsc /Msc -Agriculture with 6 - 10 years of experience as a Agronomist.Should have prior experience in Marketing & Development in fertilizers , seeds , pesticides etcShould be fluent in Marathi.Should be willing to travel.Should have sound knowledge on crop and soil pattern of Maharashtra.Should have team management skills.Good communication Excellent interpersonal skillsShould be willing to relocate to Pune.