1. Extensive knowledge of T-SQL language.
2. Create stored procedures, views, functions, writing ad-hoc queries and deployment scripts.
3. Sound knowledge in query optimization and indexes performance tuning.
4. Knowledge of database performance tuning techniques, best practices.
5. Recent experience with SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000.
6. Good analysis and communication skills.
7. Identify and write best possible code when migrating to newer version of SQL Server.
8. Experience in working with source code management and version control tools. For ex: Tortoise SVN. Good to have: 1. Knowledge of SSIS. 2. Hands on experience in a SQL Server database upgrade project. 3. Entry level Database administration experience.