- Provide technical and operational database administration for MS SQL Server test and production databases.
- Apply database knowledge in the areas of physical database design, performance and tuning, backup and recovery procedures and general problem resolution.
- Support multiple servers and multiple databases of high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data
- Work with DBA team to develop, implement, and monitor standards and procedures to ensure optimum performance, scalability and reliability.
- Review all investigations, analysis, and resolution of database problems; compile and maintain documentation.
- Maintain and improve database deployment and update processes. Ensure compliance in related tasks with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain maintenance scripts for databases design and implementation, and participate in the disaster recovery process and database backups.
- Perform system optimization and improvement planning including but not limited to SQL Server database performance analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance/tuning ensuring maximum performance. Develop and implement security policies.
- Hands-on support of large databases, including, but not limited to, monitoring, re-indexing, general database maintenance, extract- transformation-load, backup/recovery, documentation, and configuration.