- You will be involved in Data base Management Administration, Good scripting knowledge to implement DB related scripts/jobs.
- You will have to design and implement security and auditing standards for large databases.
- You should be aware of the different roles and privileges available to be granted to the users
What you'll do:
- Supporting on L3 and L4 on SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014n-depth knowledge on SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 with hands-on migration experience.
- Excellent knowledge on all Administration Tools of Database Server - SQL Manager, SQL Server Surface Area Manager. Ability to design and deploy new database servers according to the client requirements
- Extensive know-how of Net Architecture and experience in implementing advanced concepts like Clusters. Ability to identify performance bottlenecks arising out of network issues.
- Excellent command on all versions of Windows Servers. Good understanding of various patch level compatibilities with database releases.
- Good scripting knowledge to implement DB related scripts/jobs. Has designed and implemented security and auditing standards for large databases. Aware of the different roles and privileges available to be granted to the users
- Design and implement various backup and recovery strategies on heterogeneous environments. Recovery of database with no or minimal data loss.
- Independently tune databases to extract best performance including memory, OS and SQL tuning. Ability to analyze the stats pack report and rectify the bottlenecks efficiently with a minimum downtime.
- Enterprise Management and High Availability Troubleshoot Replication Performance issues and Clustering Performance issues.
- Sound knowledge on SQL Server log shipping and mirroring.
- Ensure that there is adequate IT capacity to meet required levels of service, ensure that senior IT management is correctly advised on how to match capacity is optimized
- Forecasting future capacity requirements based upon business plans, usage trends, sizing of new services, etc.
- Analysis of usage and performance data, and reporting on performance against targets contained in SLAs