The Server Analyst is a contributing member of the Global Windows Operations Team and may be responsible for:
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining the operating system and hardware on Windows based servers.
- Maintaining and sustaining a high performance server OS patching processes.
- Participating in Follow the Sun support for global infrastructure servers.
- Developing and promoting standard operating procedures.
- Conducting audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Being available to perform tasks outside normal business hours and on weekends as well as being on call for at least one week per quarter.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5 years experiences with Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 and 2012 Operating Systems with direct experience in diagnostics, troubleshooting, and problem solving for hardware, software, and OS
- Subject Matter Expert knowledge of Microsoft SCCM as related to Windows OS patch deployment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or other IT/IS related major
- Knowledge of Powershell and VB scripting
- Ability to work effectively across time zones and geography
- Knowledge of unattended setup procedures
- Knowledge of SCCM and applications deployment
- Understanding of WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, WINS
- Understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy and DFS
- Knowledge of remote support concepts and tools
- Operations experience
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Setup, configuration, and problem diagnostics of server hardware including RAID, mirrored disks, and SAN/NetAp
Windows Server OS patch management experience through SCCM in a large environment is required and will be a major role for this position. SCCM experience for creating collections, deployments and software update groups along with experience troubleshooting with SCCM logs.