Position Summary :
The SAP ABAP Developer analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processes or to improve existing systems. Provides technical knowledge, system design techniques, methodologies, tools, and standards utilized in the IT and business environment.
As a key member of the SAP Core team, provide support to the business community for SAP in the ABAP Technical Development area. This includes all new projects as well as production support for this across all functional areas within SAP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Lead small projects or engage with other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
- Provide programming expertise, usually as a member of a project team, in the analysis, design, and development of SAP reports, interfaces, business forms, conversions, and user exits
-Provide estimates for the programming and unit testing activities of a project when needed
- Write new and modify existing data sources, infosets and queries
- Develop and support interfaces to numerous legacy and third-party systems using a variety of techniques such as LSMW, BAPI, IDOC, RFC calls, BDC, and call transaction update methods
- Perform program performance optimization and tuning where necessary
-Research and apply OSS notes
- Follow the IT Software Development Life Cycle process
- Utilization of advanced debugging techniques
- Write detailed technical documentation of program functions.
- Cross team communication and collaboration
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in off-hours meetings