At least 15 years experience in design, development, testing and certification of Attitude Heading Reference Systems (AHRS) and/or Inertial Navigation Systems (INS) for Civil and Military Aircrafts
Experience in building AHRS/INS using solid state sensors like Ring Laser Gyroscopes, Fibre Optic Gyroscopes and MEMS gyroscopes.
- Knowledge of Kalman Filters, Quaternions and their implementation in DSPs, Microcontrollers and FPGAs
- Experience in setting up a test infrastructure for AHRS systems including specifying of COTS Test Instruments, STTEs
- Attitude Sensing Algorithms using 3-axis MEMS accelerometers, 3-axis gyro-scopes and magnetometer for AIRBORNE PLATFORMS
- Ability to derive sensor specifications from overall system requirements
- Existing Relations with manufacturers of such sensors
- Experience in development of efficient algorithms for the following functions while ensuring optimum processing, computation and power requirements :-
o Conversion of raw data from accelerometers, gyroscopes and magnetometer to attitude angles meeting the system accuracy requirements for both static and dynamic conditions.
o Correction of errors resulting from Dynamic aircraft manoeuvres with velocity and position updates
o Gyro Compassing Solution for MEMS based Systems
o Evaluation of Side Slip and Angle of Attack