To effectively lead the team of Zonal Managers and Branch Managers to achieve the business targets and profitability in the designate locations, maintain a profitable mix of products while operating within required expense budgets.
The role-holder will work closely with the CDO to plan and implement sales strategies within his/ her defined geographical range
• To develop, agree and implement the strategy for the Region in line with Company business objectives
• Recruit efficient personnel who will help meet the Company’s long and short term goals. Also responsible for developing succession planning at zone and branch levels.
• Monitor and analyze sales activity against critical business value drivers
• To manage and motivate each branch to achieve the predefined sales targets with a clear focus on profitability targets
• To assess and develop the training needs of each indvidual in order for them to be highly effective in a competitive environment
• To ensure that 'Best Practice' is adopted and all team members operate to the highest professional standards
• To maintain and develop one’s own comprehensive knowledge of Company’s products and unique selling propositions
• To coordinate, monitor and review the sales efforts of the team on a regular basis
• Monitor Competition and customer feedback on an ongoing basis and provide market intelligence to designate functions
• Identify opportunity areas and participate in developing new channels under direct sales for deeper market penetration
• Direct reports 3 - 4 ZMs/ State Heads
• Over 7500 FPAs
• Managing 30 odd branches.
• To manage P& L account for their region.
Decision Making Authority
• The role-holder would have full day
to day responsibility for achieving designate business targets Key Outputs:
• Establish Region as strong contributor towards business objectives and a key enabler for the business achieving its market share and profitability objectives
• Short and long-term sales plan for the Region developed, leading to successful market penetration and development through highly professional sales management.
• Business targets allocated and revised on a continued basis, aligned to the dynamic market environment
• Research and develop strategies and plans which identify marketing opportunities, and new project development
• Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of sales, methods, costs, and results.
• Develop and manage sales budgets, and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets.
• Managing and motivating his Branch teams
• Director – DSF
• Directors of other departments
• Zonal managers
• BOT Project Managers
• Branch Managers
• Senior Manager–Corporate Workplace Marketing
• Sales Managers and Advisers
• Sales HR and TrainingTeam
• Other Management and employees of the Company
• Service Providers/ Vendors
Key Performance Indicators:
• Achieves new business sales targets (number of Policies and APE)
• Higher growth and persistency in business
• Benchmark team Productivity
• Sales force recruitment
• Enhanced skill development of team
• To operate within approved budgets
• Independent profit center
A management graduate from a reputed university/ institute
• Planning and organizing capability
• Ability to interact with senior management
• General Management skills
• Proven influencing skills
• Adept at managing large teams
• Strong decision making capability
• Exposure to Coaching and counseling at various levels
• Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of negotiating, and change management.
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Should possess 9 - 15 years of sales experience in a dynamic environment and have the ability to work with deadlines
• Should have worked preferably with a bank or a financial services company or alternatively have exposure to a direct distribution for an FMCG company
• Should have managed a large sales team in his previous role and have a proven track record in meeting/ exceeding designate targets
• Has a sophisticated understanding of the key factors influencing the business, including competitors and is able to plan key strategic initiatives for the Company to achieve projected market share
• Will be responsible for a major sub business unit within the company where the new environment may sometimes mean there is little precedent. Key decisions will have a major impact on the success of the development of the business in the critical, early phase of its establishment
• Provides a constant source of passion and energy to keep the team motivated and engaged
• Sets and role models high standards for behaviour and will not compromise on these
• Ensures that Sales plans of the Company are aligned with strategic business plan of the Company, that distributor strategies are developed to achieve volume and profit requirements and that the Sales teams contribute strongly to the achievement of the required sales, productivity and persistence targets set by the business
• Understands how activities in other parts of the business impact on own area and vice versa and builds lasting relationships within and outside the organisation and uses the network for the benefit of all parties