The Model Validation Group works closely with both the front office quantitative research teams and product control and the role consequently offers significant exposure to Pricing and Risk management models/ methodologies for a particular asset classes / product group.
Review models (pricing models and / or risk models): Ensure that the model meets its stated objective. This would include reviewing the theoretical assumptions and the implementation of the model - for instance, setting up independent benchmarking tools for testing of various scenarios & boundary conditions of complex models.
In particular, depending on the asset class we are looking for candidates with knowledge / experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Libor Market Model, HJM, Models of the short-rate...
- Pricing of Exotic Payoffs (e.g. Barriers, Lookback, Asians etc.), Stochastic Volatility Models for pricing Equity Derivatives (Heston, Bates etc.)
- Pricing of Credit derivatives (CDO, Credit Index Options etc), CVA calculation
- Pricing of plain vanilla and exotic FX derivatives (Barriers, Quantos etc.)
- Value at Risk, Counterparty Risk Exposure models
Understanding of stochastic calculus, numerical techniques for derivatives pricing (Monte Carlo / Finite Difference) and strong experience in C++ programming.
Educational Pedigree : Masters in financial engineering) or experience in derivative model related, or PhD in quant subject.
B. Tech. or dual degree specializing in Mathematics / Physics only.