Role : QA Automation Engineer
- Responsible for designing and developing automated test scripts in Selenium Java. Performs analysis of manual test cases and functional requirements and determines the balance of test coverage to be automated for reuse.
- Gathers information from the team, designs, develops, debugs, executes automated test cases and prepares reports. Documents results and facilitates review meetings with stakeholders.
- Actively looks for solutions to automate test cases early in the test life cycle. Works on projects of high complexity within one or more test/development environments.
- Works on multiple programs/systems/applications as a project team member. Considered a subject matter expert in the area of test case automation.
Major Duties And Responsibilities :
- Participates in setting up successful configuration of test environments using automated smoke test validations and working with team on environment configuration.
- Involved in the design, development, documentation, and maintenance of automated functional test cases and other test artifacts, including test data and data verification.
- Schedules and facilitates test plan/test case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Ensures that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Designs/develops/codes automated functional test cases using MS-VSTS to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Runs automated smoke tests to ensure end-to-end transactions can be executed in the environment.
- Executes automated tests during functional and regression test cycles.
- Documents problems and assists in their resolution and provide report to QA Manager / QA Lead in defect management and resolution.
- Identifies potential quality issues per defined process and immediately escalates potential quality issues to management.
- Interfaces with other project team members in resolving issues.
- Isolates, replicates, and reports defects and verifies defect fixes.
- Analyzes and resolves automation related problems by coordinating with team to diagnose and fix issues. Desired Candidate Profile:Skills/Abilities and Knowledge :- Thorough understanding of quality assurance process, tools and methodologies- Proficient in Java programming language, selenium, Eclipse- Proficient in MS-VSTS with large knowledge of functional development (object repository manipulation, functional development, organization of functions, correlation, parameterization of functions, global variables)- Strong experience in writing MS-VSTS functions accessing databases and retrieving data out of MS-SQL Server tables- Strong understanding of MS-SQL Server and querying tools- Strong skills in analyzing and resolving defects- Good understanding of Agile Scrum and Waterfall methodologies- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables- Ability to work well with shifting priorities- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (offshore and onsite)- Experience with Financial industry is desirable
Education :- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience- Testing Certification ISTQB Advanced Level preferred- Demonstrated experience is software testing
Related Work Experience :- 5+ years system development, business/systems analysis, testing, and/or business experienceWorking Conditions :- Office environment