Quality Analyst Lead - Testing (8-12 yrs)
Position Title, Responsibility Level
Position Title, Responsibility Level
QA Lead Function
Quality & Testing
Permanent Span of Control
The Quality Assurance Lead creates and executes test plans for Enterprise Data Management (EDM) projects ensuring solutions work as expected and meet a high standard of reliability.
This position creates and manages well-defined, plans and executes test plan to identify any potential issues through a combination of manual and automated means.
Understands client business requirements and translates those requirements into testable, functional test cases. Manages a team of QA testers and is responsible for their work products providing review and leadership
- Assists in design, development, and execution of test strategies and plans, test cases, test scripts and perform data validation testing using SQL, reports, and/or test management tools. Identifies, manages, and resolves defects during testing cycles leveraging a test management tool (when available). Also, supports or leads UAT process, when appropriate.
- Assists test team in development of all testing-related documentation including test strategy, test plans, test cases, test scripts, etc. Assists team in recognizing and testing service, database and environment inter-dependencies. Provides systems integration test leadership including scope, approach, and effort estimate for applications with multiple interfaces
- Manages work load and work product of the offshore testing team and may be responsible for assignment of work
- Manages, supports, and maintains test systems used for running test scripts and moving new software, enhancements, and updates to production.
- Establish Quality and Testing related best practices, procedures, templates for the testing team
- Contributes to corporate data management best practices and implementation methodologies.
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
Primary Internal Interactions
- Coordinate with Project Managers and participate in project planning and recurring meetings
- Collaborate with other team members to review prototypes and develop iterative revisions
- Review/approve test plans, test cases, test scripts etc. to ensure that the quality process is followed and business requirements are met
- Participate in quality gate meetings for entry/exit criteria
Primary External Interactions
- Working in a technical capacity with Client project personnel as appropriate
Skills Technical Skills
- Ability to provide test strategy for a particular data management solution or project
- Ability to convert business and technical documents into testable cases and scenarios.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) required. Able to communicate business or technical issues clearly to team members and clients.
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks/deliverables on time
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Understands the types of testing required throughout a development implementation.
- Demonstrated understanding and competency with different computing platforms, including different OS and browsers on desktop and mobile devices.
- Demonstrates understanding and competency with approaches/methodologies for at least one EDM area and applies this knowledge in collaborating with the team to design effective solutions to solve business problems/issues.
- Produces high-quality results and deliverables that meet client needs.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of and utilizes DSC methodology documents to efficiently complete assigned roles and associated tasks.
- Independently drafts complete detail documentation templates (i.e., Design Specs, Test Plans, etc.) that have a professional appearance for review by managers.
- Deals effectively with all team members and builds strong working relationships/rapport with them.
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks/deliverables.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate team members and assist them in meeting their goals and commitments.
Process Specific Skills - Ability to adapt to a variety of team work environments, as this changes client to client
- Ability to work in a global operating model leveraging offshore
Soft skills (Desired) - Experience working with multi-divisional business communities to leverage information across the enterprise to improve business effectiveness
- Strong team building, interpersonal, analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
Soft Skills (Minimum) - Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum 8.5Yrs years- experience with software and/or data testing, including 3+ years leading large scale testing initiatives
- 2+ years of Experience in managing a team of testers in a large testing initiative
- Experience with test management tools such as JIRA, HPQC and knowledge in automation testing tools such as Selenium, QTP, Qunit and Junit
- Experience in development methodologies and types of testing (e.g. Functional, System Integration, Regression, etc.)
- Experience in managing testing of Enterprise Data Management projects preferred
- Strong data and SQL skills required.