Responsibilities include :
- Owning the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs.
- Work with team leadership to understand the customer needs and concerns as well as define solutions.
- Translate basic business problem statements into analysis requirements. Work with internal customers to define best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
- Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
- Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
- Write queries and output efficiently, and have in-depth knowledge of the data available in area of expertise. Pull the data needed with standard query syntax; periodically identify more advanced methods of query optimization. Convert data to make it analysis-ready.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
- Bachelor's degree in math, finance, engineering, statistics, or related discipline
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Fluency in Python or a similar modeling language, and proficiency in SQL
- 2+ years in the analysis space as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Business Analyst, Data Engineer, or similar roles
- Experience using Python or other scripting languages to automate data retrieval, manipulation, and analysis
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics or a related discipline
- Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools like Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Experience in partnering with business owners to understand requirements and develop supporting analysis to solve business problems.