Strong purchase experience is required .
Should have handled Steel commodities
Good negotiation skills
1) Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
2) Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
3) Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
4) Control purchasing department budgets.
5) Interview and hire staff, and oversee staff training.
6) Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
7) Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
8) Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
9) Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.