What we are looking for :
Puppet / Automation Engineer - L2
People who are excited by technology and working with others to develop truly GREAT software. People willing to learn new skills and who are not tied to any one language, but who have developed their skills sufficiently to accept any challenge. People who are willing to take ownership, take responsibility and perform in a "first-class" way.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing production platform and infrastructure, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Understand scope, estimate and plan
Required Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge on Dev-Ops and Configuration Management System CMS-Puppet is a must.
- DevOps Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment
- Responsible for handling complete project administration from development support till Release Phase
- Good communication skills to participate in live sprints, clients meetings and manage all support related tasks
- Manage and administrate various dev-ops tools and create POC for implementation
- Should have a troubleshooting attitude and help supporting team members during related tasks.
- Worked individually or as a team from Non-DevOps to DevOps environment.
- Scripting Skills Strong scripting e.g. Python and automation skills.
- Operating Systems In depth Linux Unix knowledge , good understanding the various Linux kernel subsystems memory , storage , network etc.
- Problem Solving Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructureplatform and application deployment issues.
- Managing Server side issues, virtualization and prepare RCA during faulty behavior.
- Peer-to-peer review and delivery of quality code to Project.
- Awareness to complete product lifecycles with various agile methodologies and experience managing quality and automation in the agile practice
- 100 adherence to architectural and development best practices including use of standard architectures, proper use of code management, document design and design artifacts and conduct design code review
Desired Skills Not essential but beneficial to have
- Working knowledge on Jenkins Hudson Cloud Environment Open stack, VCloud, Docker, AWS
- Basic knowledge on Ruby
- OO Programming Skills Strong OO Programming skills Java or C.
- DB Skills Basic DB administration experience Oracle, SQL Server.
- Version Control Experience administrating version control systems such as Git, SVN.
- Networking Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services DNS, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, SMTP.
- Any Devops tool certification, Puppet certification is desirable.
- Nice to have Jira confluence working knowledge and managing Live sprints.
- Experience with CI CD and build tools ant,maven, gradle