The PMO Specialist (Project Manager) is to work as an effective Catalyst between various Functional departments and Business Units across the globe to execute internal & external projects successfully.
It is a role of an Individual Contributor , however involving all relevant functional owners & employees across the organization and also outside stake-holders.
Role is predominantly into the areas of New Product Development, Product upgrades, New scope development, Technology transfer projects, Projects at Supplier ends & at Construction sites etc.
Position requires active participation in all areas of the Full value chain of the organization to suit market requirements.
1. Ensure Projects are executed on time fulfilling Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost Targets of the company as per Plan.
2. Ensure resource availability with all stake-holders to manage projects within organization without any delays.
3. Be a single point of contact for all connected departments like Planning, Technology, Sourcing and Production factories to make sure effective communication & data sharing is available across all stake-holders during Product development cycle.
4. Will be responsible for reaching 1) Required Safety level in any given project 2) Quality of the outcome of the project, 2) Delivery / Completion schedule targeted & 3) also the Cost Targets set for the execution & as well as a result of the project., thereby held responsible for the integrated approach with all relevant functions with effective project management skills.
5. Identification of Critical Path and proactive mitigation of key risks in project cycle including appropriate communication to key stakeholders and Management team.
6. Should be able to contribute effectively in People Management together with the skills on both the Technical and Commercial sides.
Education: Bachelor OR Master degree in Engineering. Prince 2 Certification is a must.
Experience : Minimum 8 years of experience in handling Projects as Project Manager.
Change management skills (good in communication, training, coaching)
Self-driven, proactive take responsibility to ensure progress and results
Open and seek collaboration with team-members + engage proactive approach with staff in each function across the organization.
Take responsibility for own area and interact as integrated team-member with other team members
Sees and understand western cultures as a positive challenge
Accept guidelines from functional Management and proactively inform them on issues, risks etc. for full transparency on progress, situation etc.
Language: Fluent English
Understand Production setup thoroughly (including planning and execution) and Systems / Processes followed in large companies.
Pragmatic / hands on approach
Ability to cope with many different levels in the Organization
Ability to cope with high pressure at times and get things done with quality.