Contribution to planning
- Prepare and Propose plan for execution of the strategy relating to PATS & PALs for Projects
-Prepare plan for accomplishment of on-time quality deliverables as required by GEN3 Process (PDSRs/Milestones/Gates) and execute it through COCs.
- Develop product delivery plan along with product planning team to meet business goals as defined in BSC.
- Plan resources (finance/headcount) for the platform to meet the product delivery timelines, quality and business case
- Develop modularity/commonality strategy for aggregates in order to reduce engineering development cost
- Provide inputs for developing technology roadmap for the platform and implement suitable new technology to keep the platform competitive
- Perform critical path activities identification, prepare plan risk mitigation and timely resolution & escalation of unresolved critical issues at the right time.
- Map & review competency gaps to suggest individual develop plans for enhanced capability
2. Key actions and decisions (Long term and Short term)
- Analyse product requirement and conduct reviews to result in balanced product engineering attributes to achieve targeted market position
- Derive technical feasibility of Product/Project proposals including styling and other requirements to firm up the project plan
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders across functions (within & outside ERC) to exert total control over technical development of product
- Conduct milestone reviews for all projects in pipeline to facilitate timely delivery and ensure design quality
- Review & resolve critical issues related to product performance, cost and quality
- Escalate the strategic issues to the top management for decision making and issue resolution
- Coordinate with all stakeholders, e.g. marketing, manufacturing, P&SQ etc. to ensure that product development goals are aligned to the expectations
- Integrate multi-location global teams for product development
- Resolve conflicts between products to meet the common architecture requirements of platform
- Collaborate with JV partners for joint platform development Current Engineering Support
" - Moderate the following current product engineering support area of IPTV improvements, ICR, Plant Support
to result in timely response to quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives"
- Integrate Advanced Technology into new product plan and execute its implementation to achieve technical leadership
- Identify gaps in NPI process execution for projects and suggest remedial measures and also suggest improvement in NPI process for reduced development timelines
- Audit defined processes (e.g. Gen3 NPI, PAT, Mint, ECN, DML, FDJ & ESO etc.) to validate process compliance and take necessary actions.
- Participate and guide for TBEM, ISO-TS, IPR, Technical Standards, Safety systems development
- Participate in Homologation and interaction with government agencies.
- Interact with manufacturing agencies for various activities (machinery process, metal sheet work, foundry techniques, etc.) for ensuring the quality requirement as per the benchmarked concept for the project
- Facilitate team for timely completion of indoor and outdoor testing to prevent changes after ESO.
-Drive aggregate commonality for platform products through COCs and TVM group
- Coordinate and Collaborate between Head Engineering & TMETC for providing technical (design and development) expert assistance on various aggregates like Powertrain, Body in White, Electrical & Electronics etc.
- Review and validate the correctness of product design through digital validation process
- Review and monitor progress to ensure all design and development activities such as DFMEA, design review & validation of products, aggregates manufactured in vehicle line takes place as per defined timelines
- Conduct technical reviews as per Review Governance plan and procedure
-Provide input for compilation and presentation of major program reviews for delivery to Product Committee and ExCom.
3. Nature of problems faced/ Scope of improvement opportunities
- Capture and deploy learnings from platform products into product development
- Benchmark new technologies / concepts to confirm if TML design meets WCQ and recommend actions for bridging the Gap
- Guide and review Knowledge management initiatives for enriching the design manuals / lead technology groups/ contribution to IPR's
- Guide the team for meeting the established Direct Material Cost (DMC) Target
- Monitor and escalate issues to Senior Engineering Management in a Timely manner in case of deviations related to Projects
-Guide Implementation of C-A-P-D to improve design robustness and prevent design changes after ESO
-Review and monitor legal compliance for the project and ensure adherence
- Coordinate with COCs and guide resolution of issues related to the concerned project