The IS Sr. Project Manager is responsible for establishing and executing all aspects of the project management function for large scale, complex business solutions and infrastructure projects and/or portfolio of small to large d projects that are delivered across the Ingram global landscape. The Sr. Project Manager role will effectively manage and deliver solutions that involve a combination of the following attributes: project investment that is less than $5 million, multiple project teams, multiple technology disciplines, global or multiple region geographic delivery, geographically disbursed project teams, and/or a high level technical complexity.
The Sr. Project Manager management function includes, but is not limited to: Project Leadership, Planning & Administration, Execution Integration, Resource Management, Project level decision making and Financial Management. This position must have a mastery of project management methods, and proven prior experience working on a variety of technical development and/or infrastructure projects to succeed within the high paced environment of Ingram Global Information Systems. It is expected that the end result of this position will be the delivery of an efficient and effective solution or series of solutions resulting in a competitive advantage for the company. A project is defined as a solution-delivery effort that has clear start and end dates and defined success criteria in terms of quality and cost.
Minimum 10 years of continuous experience in a project management role and hands on experience in MS projects tool and demonstrated competency in the following:
1. Relationship management within an enterprise globally, among executives, customers and staff; as well as externally with vendors and business partners as required.
2. Superior communication skills both written and oral. Experience leading large cross-function teams and driving consensus among colleagues; ability to lead, motivate, influence, and drive to results in a highly-matrixed environment is essential. Ability to motivate colleagues to peak performance and establish credibility with key decision makers.
3. Significant experience in evaluating a broad range of internal and external factors when solving problems and making decisions; identifies critical, high pay-off strategies and prioritizes team efforts accordingly; adjusts actions and decisions for focus on critical strategic issues (e.g., customers, quality, competition, etc.).
4. Complex problem resolution under stress and ability to merge diverse technology agendas into a cohesive, integrated architecture by influencing key technology resources.
5. Strong people leadership capabilities. Ability to develop and grow a project team that is skilled and motivated to deliver against commitments.
6. High performance dedication, including attention to the details that matter, and willingness to work issues to successful closure with strong results orientation driving change in a complex matrix environment.
7. Ability to conduct and interpret qualitative and quantitative analysis and problem solving skills and show independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques in a highly complex environment.
8. Establishing relevant and comprehensive project performance related metrics that highlight, not only the overall health of the project, but provides before and after business operations performance as a result of the projects solution delivery.
9. Identify potential project risks, implement appropriate courses of action to address project slippage and develop strategies to mitigate future risk.
10. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long term perspective for desired results.
11. Good resource management and planning including different types of resources, internal and external, coming from different teams and working with different sets of priorities.
12. Practical notions of finance for budget control (OPEX, CAPEX) and forecasting activities demanded throughout the project life cycle.
13. Proof of experience within projects involving the same technologies applied to the projects this person will manage at Ingram Micro. High level functional and technical understanding.