PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The incumbent is facilitating this expansion at the Regional Level as well as ensuring renewal and churning of the existing real estate portfolio through its Branches, ATMs, Currency Chests, Clearing Houses, Back Offices etc.
Type / Approximate length of relevant work experience required to commence job
Distinctive competencies / Special Skills needed
• Technical Skills and written
• Communication Skills (verbal and written)
• MS Office, MS Projects, Working Knowledge of Auto Cad will be an added advantage
• Communicate with impact and empathy both internal customers and external stakeholders
• Be curious to learn and share
• Demonstrate courage and integrity
• Be open minded, practical and agile with change
• Positive attitude and persistence
• Initiative taking approach
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to handle officials from the statutory bodies and authorities
Degree Holder in Engineering and Architecture (3 - 5 years) / Diploma in Engineering and Architecture / MBA / Graduate (5 - 7 years)
Degree Holder in Engineering and Architecture (6-8 years) / Diploma in Engineering and Architecture / MBA / Graduate (8 - 10 years)
Professional Qualification / Training required
Degree Holder in Engineering and Architecture / Diploma in Engineering and Architecture / MBA / Graduate with relevant on the job experience
• No. of Direct Reportees and their level : Nil
• FINANCIAL (in. Rs. Million) : Nil
List the titles of individuals, departments and organisations with which you have the most frequent contact. This should include contacts both inside and outside the organisation.
MOST FREQUENT CONTACT:
• WBO, Assets and other business verticals
• Support Teams like Central Procurement and Real Estate Team, IT, Admin., ATM, Legal, Payments, Finance etc. (To coordinate completion of respective tasks)
• External Stakeholders (Real Estate Agents, Landlords, Lawyers, Local Statutory Bodies, Vendors, Architects etc.) : To coordinate completion of respective tasks as well as monitor progress of various work
• Corporate / International Property Consultants / Senior Local Body Officials / Senior Advocates and Lawyers
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
• Understand Branch Banking / WBO / Retail Asset’s plan for the financial year for its expansion and retention / relocation plans for Branches, ATMs, Currency Chests, Clearing Houses and Offices for the FY.
• Based on the understanding identify the prime / relevant catchment area in multiple locations of a village / town / particular part of the city in consultation with relevant Business representative.
• Identify at least three premises for each of the location suitable based on business requirements in the catchment area for relevant Business recommendation.
• Carryout preliminary technical and legal due diligence for all the three short-listed premises
• Negotiate with the landlords along with Business representatives to achieve the most effective rentals for the short-listed premises in each of the locations.
• Prepare detailed proposal for each shortlisted locations for recommendation from line of Business to Group Head (Infrastructure / Branch Banking) /MD through Consultant
• Collect legal and premises related statutory documents for legal due diligence and seek clearance from Corporate Legal from each of the locations.
• Engage with landlord of short listed premises for execution of lease agreement post legal clearance and complete registration.
• In consultation with CPC allocate Interior Fit-out to Turnkey Vendors, seek layout and budget approvals from relevant Business Teams and CPC for each premises.
• Monitor multiple projects, liaise with landlords / statutory bodies for electrical power etc. and follow-up with CPC and vendors for deliveries.
• On project closure certification of bills and business / admin handover and ensuring rectification of defects and addressing snag-lists.
• Manage day to day operational aspects of a project and constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
• Coordinate between landlords and payments operations team and legal for operationalising the rental payments.
• Engage with Business and landlords at least 3 months in advance for leases falling due for renewal and negotiate the renewal terms for approvals.
• Engage with Business representatives for creating new layouts for full scale renovations
• Maintain MIS for the all the existing and new Branches
• Bi-weekly Progress Reporting to Regional Office
NATURE AND RESOLUTION OF PROBLEMS:
• Delay in landlord deliverables
• Deviations in clauses of lease agreements
• Issues with landlords regarding DG space, external leakages, Terrace Rights
• Coordination between vendors / landlords and Bank IT etc.
• Issues with Statutory Bodies with utilities
• Closely engage with the respective stakeholders and resolution through persistent follow-ups, wield threats and through cajoling
FREEDOM TO ACT:
• Describe the authority permitted to your position by indicating which decisions you are expected to make and which you are expected to recommend.
• On site decisions pertaining to running fit-out projects
• Property proposals, layout, cost estimates or any other items requiring financial approvals