Roles and responsibilities
Project Head - Real Estate (17-20 yrs)
Exp: 17 - 20 years
- Talents should have handled both Commercial and Residential projects
- BE (Civil) with experience in luxury homes, high rise commercial/retail establishments & apartments
- The individual will lead and manage a team of resources dedicated to monitor the quality, cost & time dimensions of projects and ensure maximum customer satisfaction at the time of handover.
- The position will work through Project Management Companies, external architects and consultants to design and execute the projects.
- Lead the Project's organization with responsibility for delivery of Projects in line business objectives with focus on Cost, Quality and Schedule dimensions for project delivery.
- Ensure robust planning, direction and coordination of activities from concept design to final handover of the project ensuring the project works are within the budgeted time & cost and as per quality standards.
- Present and finalize project plan. Planning to include cost estimates/budgets, schedule, procurement, quality and safety procedures, specification and method statements and liaison for required govt/statutory approvals & permits. Ensure proper planning for the project is completed and signed off by relevant stakeholder teams and organizations at each project phase.
- Anchor and oversee the pre-concept feasibility studies, special project initiatives or due diligence assignments as assigned by the Chairman
- Develop streamlined processes for managing project cost, schedule, quality, risk, and communications (internal and external).
- Enable savings on the project cost through value engineering of the project during the design phase. Also ensure effective management of costs during development phase and savings where possible.
- Manage relationships with external architects and project management companies and other external bodies to ensure strict adherence to quality standards and specifications.
- Handle escalations of critical / complex issues. Identify and evaluate alternative solutions to best meet project goals and get stakeholder buy-in for the proposed solution.
- Assign appropriate internal resources to projects for supervision and facilitating timely completion of projects.
- Review Projects status in terms of costs incurred and tasks completion, taking necessary actions to stay within agreed budgets and timelines. Monitor progress, provide financial control and ensure quality of project.
- Monitor progress of works against the project schedule.
- Ensure regular reconciliation of project cost V/s approved budget and accurate updates on requirements of funds based on progress.
- Timely and rigorous quality audits and closures of open issues by Project Leads through PMC/Contractors.