ROLE DESCRIPTION :
This role will be responsible to manage Refinish Product Portfolio, that include new launches at right positioning for premium as well as economy segment,product lifecycle management & complexity management.
• Work with Sales and Marketing Team to identify opportunities for new products
- Develop business case for new or improved products
- Lead cross functional teams to execute improvements using gated development process
• Work with regional Product Team and technology team to:
- Evaluate product requirements for refinish segments/ Conduct Benchmarking for competitive products in targeted market segments
- Translating market needs to product attribute list and co-ordinate with technology team in product development.
- Test product and lead for successful launch.
• Strategic Product Plans:
- Understand changing customer needs and provide product solution, being ahead of competition.
- Keep close track of environmental regulations.
• Variable margin improvement:
- Identify opportunities and work with Tech/ operations to realize cost improvement, while ensuring no customer impact.
• Manage Product simplification
• Lead Product reviews and feed inputs to regional reviews and "new products master plan"
• Pricing strategy: Benchmarking with competition and give recommendation on pricing strategy.
• Troubleshoot product in use at customer facilities and train sales technical resources in the troubleshooting process.
• Be a role model for the core operating principles of Our Client.
Skills & Knowledge
> 10 years’ experience in paints industry, preferably in refinish, else in OEM/ industrial, in Product Management/ Technology or Technical service function.
Coatings Technical background (B.Tech or MSc Chemistry or similar)
Project Management skills
A team player - who can work with a diverse group of people
The ideal candidate would have R&D and Product Management experience
Even Technical service+Product Management exp would do
Refinish experience is must either in current/previous roles
Refinish knowledge+ currently working in allieg segment also would do
Communication skills has to be excellent