The Central Platform Engineering team at Virtual Labs is looking at innovative ways to automate the hosting process of hundreds of Laboratories centrally on the cloud. Our team has already built a robust infrastructure to host many labs. The engineering team is looking for a technical architect who can conceptualize and design an automated process of hosting, managing, and updating labs on the cloud seamlessly, build APIs for labs and build on an existing open source platform to host the labs. Some of the problems that you can solve as part of the team:
• Conceptualize and design an automated system for hosting labs, managing the labs, and updating the labs on the cloud.
• Find solutions to complex issues that are unique to our project and integrate them across integration teams.
• Build an analytics framework that empowers stakeholders, users, lab developers, and systems engineers to make data-driven decisions in real-time or minimal latency.
• Build an intelligent platform that maximizes the value of our offering and helps us proactively reach out to more customers.
• Develop a deep understanding of the project ecosystem, identify issues and bottlenecks and proactively come up with solutions
• Drive architecture discussions, code reviews and design reviews and inculcate engineering best practices across the team
• Strong emphasis on performance and quality with a sharp business sense
• Be an advocate for an extensible, scalable and maintainable design and lead by example
• Drive longer term technology initiatives
• Be a technical mentor for team members and drive improvements in coding standards across large code bases
• Solid coding and problem solving skills with ability to architect cross team features to refactoring existing frameworks
• Exposure to a wide range of problem spaces and technologies and the ability to evaluate upcoming technologies
• Ability to create strong working relationships within and across functional teams
• Deep understanding of distributed systems and familiarity with design patterns
• LAMP stack proficiency (Expertise with Python is preferred.)
• 8+ years of relevant software design and development experience
• B Tech or higher in Computer Science or equivalent required
Good To Have
• Prior startup experience (cloud-based product or service is a bonus)
• AWS experience
• Contributions to open source projects