1. Regulate or shut down equipment during emergency situations, as directed by operational procedures.
2. Start pumps to wash and rinse reactor vessels, to exhaust gases and vapour, to regulate the flow of oil, gas, air, to equipment's and to add products to converter or blending vessels.
3. Turn valves to regulate flow of products or by-products through agitator tanks, storage drums, or neutralizer tanks.
4. Contact with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting safety, efficiency, and product quality.
5. Ensure safety during plant operations.
6. Direct workers engaged in operating machinery that regulates the flow of materials and products.
7. Inspect operating units such as hot air generator, scrubbers, condensers, control panel and reactor to ensure that all are functioning, and to maintain maximum efficiency.
8. Repair and replace damaged equipment.
9. Supervise the cleaning of reactors, strainers, and pipelines.
10. Calculate material requirements or yields according to formulas.