Roles and Responsibilities:
- Actively manage the sales process: lead generation, credentials pitch, consultative questioning, solutions pitch, negotiations, and closing
- Lead and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts and any other documentation following company procedures.
- Create compelling profit objectives and maximize cross-selling opportunities by keeping up-to-date with the new product developments and enhancements. This includes conducting revenue analysis of current business partners, of the channel.
- Develop overall BD strategic action plans to ensure achievement of revenue targets including market intelligence, business segmentation, competitor analysis and customizing our value
- Work with underwriters to design and negotiate products relevant to the customer. Leverage prevailing best practices to deliver optimal solution for the client
- Coordinate with marketing team for lead generation through various channels. Work with affinity channel to deliver exclusive insurance program for them.
- Map potential prospects in allocated geographies. Estimate profit pool for each sub-segment and develop a tailored outreach strategy and nuanced proposition for specific customer segments
- Work with servicing team to develop and deliver client engagement plan. Identify prevalent value added services for each LOBs and ensure smooth delivery
- Report achievement vis-a-vis plan on periodic basis to management team. Maintain MIS on key performance indicators
- Post-graduate degree with ideally 7-12 years of work experience preferably in leading private sectors
- A good understanding and knowledge of Building Institutional Relationships would be an added advantage
Desired skills and & Competencies:
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment; Is aware about the current and future trends and uses the same to formulate strategy and initiatives; Keeps track of financial implications / opportunities
- Passionate about the overall business; Knows what results are important and focuses resources to achieve them; Focuses on details and execution
- Gains clear commitment agreement from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Makes effective use of laid out processes to influence and persuade others; promotes ideas on behalf of oneself or others; makes a strong personal impact on others;
- Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; uses facts and figures to make decisions; proactively looks at any possible problem that may come up and takes measures to mitigate risk