- Software Development:
a. Understand, develop and execute programming and scripting related tasks, bearing in mind scalability and performance parameters as per defined standards.
b. Implement and support projects using the CodeIgniter Framework.
c. Implement new projects in other frameworks like Laravel, as per industry best practices.
d. Accurately estimate effort required for executing projects based on the defined technical requirements.
- Application Design:
a. Develop database related queries and procedures.
b. Support the Designer / Design Team in the design process to finalize interaction flows by providing insights into technological limitations & possibilities.
c. Question, assess and manage functional and non-functional requirements and ensure that they are addressed in the technical solution.
d. Define & document the Application Design in conjunction with the Tech Lead.
a. Write and maintain unit tests for maximum code coverage.
b. Perform Integration Testing & ensure developed code aligns with the functional specifications.
c. Perform code (peer) reviews for standards, security and performance.
a. Respond and reach out in a timely & context aware manner on technical issues over the Project Management Tool (Basecamp).
b. Provide regular and accurate updates to your reporting manager and Project Manager.
- Software Standards:
a. Ensure the implementation of internal security best practices and standards.
b. Maintain clean, optimized, indented and bug-free code with effective commenting to assist in code reviews and project handovers to client teams.
c. Develop reusable code through components and libraries.
d. Actively contribute to and maintain the Organisational Component Library.
e. Leverage Architectural Frameworks & Design Patterns.
Desired Skills & Experience :
- 3-5 years of experience in Web Application Development.
- Should be proficient in PHP/MySQL programming (Object Oriented and MVC programming) including CodeIgniter Framework.
- Should have excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to fearlessly jump lower down the stack to resolve important issues.
- Expert ability to get things done!
Other Qualities :
- Flexible self- starter, who enjoys solving problems and technical challenges
- Ability to work in an environment of perfection and compliance to web standards and high design quality benchmarks.
- Strong organisational and time management skills - know what you need to do, and DO IT!
- Quality and hygiene of code will be a strong consideration.
- Demonstrable communication skills (written and verbal).
- Highly skilled at working in a collaborative working style.
- Experience in the below areas will be a strong bonus:
a. Mobile Development.
b. Open Source CMS such as Drupal, Wordpress, Cake, Zend.
c. Third party API integration like Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud, etc.