- Assist in improving the overall design and functionality of the University website to meet the needs of prospective and current students, alumni and the various colleges and academic departments that support research and education
- Assist and advise individuals and departments on campus that maintain their own web sites or seek to develop a site;
- Coordinate initiatives that support marketing/communications, student recruitment, alumni affairs, and public and community relations;
- Administer the University Content Management System, Content Delivery Network and related components in support of the site;
- Provide technical guidance and assist the Web Services Lead, Webmaster/Manager;
- Assist in the overall testing and quality control of the web site, the documentation of Web site and in-house web development tools on campus, and the formulation of campus policies and standards related to web development;
- Provide support to individuals and departments, assist in managing web editors specific needs;
- Engage with other technology groups on campus and within the university system;
- Build out site sections in the Content Management System ( CMS ) for departments, colleges, related centers and institutes and administrative units;
- Develop standalone web and database applications;
- Strong troubleshooting, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and groups with diverse backgrounds
- Assist developing propriety CMS add-ons or customizations for the CMS;
- Work in a challenging environment with competing priorities;
- Ability to prioritize assignments and projects.
1.)Progressive experience developing/designing websites, web applications, and user interfaces in a professional environment. Preferably having worked under a Senior Designed/Developer.
2.) Skilled in Photoshop, Fireworks, Microsoft Office products
3.) Hands on capabilities with development tools, including but not limited to: PhpStorm, Git, SublimeText, mySql Workbench or similar database management tool
6.) Use of Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics, Site Improve, New Relic).
7.) Enterprise CMS experience required, specifically ExpressionEngine v2+.
8.) Ability with apache/linux/php/mysql server configurations from the command line.
9.) Familiarity with web monitoring tools, specifically New Relic
10.) Has built web sites and applications using HTML5 and CSS3.
11.) Specific understanding of designing accessible web collateral