This position requires a concentration in database design, data transformation, writing geospatial queries, physical database modifications, writing stored procedures and other duties related duties.
Responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to, developing conceptual, logical and physical data models (using data modeling software) including the facilitation of modeling sessions. They will be writing complex SQL statements including spatial queries using Oracle's SDO_Geometry data type.
They will be using Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML) to physically change the database. The resource will be performing the function of extract-transform-load (ETL) using automated tools and will be using Oracle system utilities and DBMS packages to minimally generate dynamic SQL. The resource will also be writing database stored procedures and functions using PL/SQL.
Establishes physical data base parameters. Codes data base descriptions and specifies identifiers of data base to data base management system or directs others in coding data base descriptions. Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data. Specifies which users can access data bases and what data can be accessed by user. Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to data base. Enters code to create production data base.
Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor data base performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory. Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management system. Reviews and corrects programs. Answers user questions.
Confers with coworkers to determine impact of data base changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to data base. Modifies data base programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning. Workers typically specialize in one or more types of data base management systems. May train users.
Required / Desired Skills:
- Developing conceptual, logical and physical data models (using data modeling software) including the facilitation of modeling sessions
- Required 7 Years Oracle 11g
- Required 2 Years Experience writing SQL statements
- Required 5 Years Experience with Data Definition Language (DDL) and Data Manipulation Language (DML) to physically change the database
- Required 7 Years Experience performing Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) using an automated tool
- Required 7 Years Experience using Oracle system utilities and DBMS packages to minimally generate dynamic SQL
- Required 5 Years Experience writing stored procedures and functions using PL/SQL