This person will work closely with other DBAs in a global team as well as application, systems operations and engineering teams. The Lead DB Engineer will be working in majority with Oracle 11g/10g/9i databases on Linux/AIX/HPUX.
Required skills :
- Good communication skills. Should be able to lead a customer account independently.
- Good Project management skills
- 10+ years of experience in Oracle Database Administration/support in Oracle RDBMS 11g, 10g, 9i in production environment
- In-depth knowledge of database internals, data structures and system views
- Experience in Oracle RMAN features and should be able to recover in case of disaster
- Hands on RAC experience in 10g and/or 11g with ASM storage
- Extensively used OEM and oracle grid control.
- Experience in setting up Dataguard environment with failover or switchover exercise
- Experience in Performance tuning. Should be able to narrow down the cause of performance bottlenecks.
Desired skills :
- Basic RedHat/Linux, HPUX, AIX Administration
- OCP in 10g or 11g
- Database Migration using various strategies between different version and OS
- Knowledge and expertise with shell scriptiong