1. A good knowledge of the operating systems.
2. A good knowledge of physical database design
3. Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
4. A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
5. Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
6. Good skills in all Oracle tools.
7. A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
8. A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
9. Sound knowledge of the applications at your site.
10. Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
11. A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
12. A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
13. Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
14. Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
15. Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
16. Create new database users as required.
17. Manage sharing of resources amongst applications
This opportunity is with one of the top 10 IT Organization in India.