Educational Requirement: University degree - B.E./B.Tech/BS/MCA/B.Sc (Preferably in Computers)
- Form good communication links with other technical teams, in order to increase the quality of support and service to the end user
- Develop processes/build documentation for upgrades, new technologies, etc in Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) format and able to ensure adherence to it.
- Lead incident/problem management tasks and ensure resources are in place to support high priority incident escalations.
- Assist junior team mebers in terms of incident resolution
- Mentor and assist in the development of other technical staff. Maintain a high level view of the technical skills availability across the team.
- Devise and deliver relevant on-the-job training in technical and business process matters for other staff over a period.
Oracle DBA Knowledge Needed:
- Thorough knowledge of Oracle RDBMS 10g and 11g environments.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- 4+ years in Database Administration/support in Oracle RDBMS 10g and 11g in 24x7 production environment
- Setting up and maintaining DataGuard on 11g environment
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Database Tuning and optimization activities.
- Strong knowledge of SQL/SQL- Plus and strong understanding of PL/SQL and stored procedures/pkgs.
- Strong Knowledge of Database Backup and recovery using RMAN and logical backups.
- Knowledge of OEM 12c Grid.
- Knowledge of Unix shell or Perl scripting languages.
- Good Knowledge of various generic business practices and process flow.
- Designs, installs and performs ongoing maintenance and creates documentation for the database environments
- Is able to work independently to organize work that includes system implementations, projects and production support.
- RAC implementations experience and troubleshooting skills in mission critical Environment.
Nice to have skills:
- SQL Server administration
Communications: Must have effective verbal and written English communications skills
- Continuous Learning: Seeks learning opportunities; applies learning to make significant business contributions; actively welcomes coaching
- Problem solving: Makes sound, timely decisions that have positive impact on the resolution of issues and problems.
- Results Oriented: Sets high personal standards. Delivers significant business results.
- Team Orientation: Promotes teamwork to develop solutions. Values contributions of all team members
- Organization Skills - Ability to structure and organize work, adherence to Standard Operating Processes.