Provide network/LAN design, implementation and consulting for data and converged communications infrastructure based largely on Cisco equipment. Act as a trusted partner in implementing the data network infrastructure to improve business operations and customer satisfaction
The Technical Services organization structure in which this position operates requires strong facilitation skills to sustain the teamwork, coordination and communication required among associates from multiple technical domains in order to deliver and maintain high quality services.
While performing this role the candidate will be responsible for:
- Collecting, consolidating and analyzing business and technical requirements from key constituents. Recommend appropriate technological designs and solutions that align with the business requirements, the company's technical strategy, and provides the most efficient and cost effective solution
- Design, implementation, operation, and testing of a large scale enterprise Cisco based solutions
- Data center network using virtualized Nexus switches, ASR Routers and ASA Firewalls
- LAN/WAN using unified 3900 series routers and enterprise 4500/3800/2600 switching solutions
- OSPF, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, OTV, FCOE, LACP, LAG
- Leading technical teams (including staff, vendors, and consultants) to identify and resolve complex, client application and hardware problems impacting availability and performance of the systems
- Acting as the primary resource to client and IT staff in all phases of implementation and support process and provide high level support and consultation to business and IT management.
- Working with project and development teams to ensure solutions are aligned with support requirements and that the transition and delivery of new systems or upgrades are seamlessly transitioned to production support teams and suppliers
- After hours callout is required in the performance of the duties and responsibilities of this position