• Education - MBA/PGDM
• Around 15 years of Sales Management experience in Consumer Healthcare / Herbal Healthcare industry is required.
• Good understanding of developing awareness and reaching out to professionals prescribing such products.
• Proven track record of leading All India Sales Function.
• Experienced in developing markets for new product and opening new territories.
• Thorough understanding of Distribution, Channel Management, Sales Operations, and developing Sales Teams is highly desirable.
• Track record of developing people for higher levels of responsibility is necessary.
• Experience in managing teams of people including cross-functional team management.
• Ability to delegate and get things done through others is a prerequisite.
• In-depth knowledge of Herbal Healthcare/ Consumer Healthcare Products and Industry.
• Strategy development, sales force management, sales force expansion, and tactical implementation are necessary.
Indicative Job description
• Attain company’s sales and tactical plan objectives.
• Direct and manage all important sales and reporting functions in order to achieve optimal results.
• Analyze overall sales force effectiveness and develop solutions that will improve performance and resource utilization.
• Coordinate with management peers, cross-functional team members and colleagues to optimize brand and launch strategies.
• Represent company to external clients and serve as a role model for senior management to subordinates/managers/partners.
• Act as a resource in the areas of sales planning and data interpretation.
• Apply in-depth knowledge of and experience in the industry, sales strategies and tactics, performance management, distribution, medical channel etc
• Maintain focus in a fast-paced and dynamic environment which includes managing the complexities of business relationships.
• Achieve national sales and expense management goals.
• Ensure deployment and development of highly effective, skilled, cohesive, and motivated sales management and sales teams.
• Effectively analyze sales and market data to identify opportunities and areas of concern.
• Strategically allocate sales effort and resources based on segment priorities ensuring alignment with the sales teams.
• Complete training and regular field visits with Sales Managers.
• Effectively coach members of the sales team.
• Conduct regular sales meetings focused on sales progress, competitive issues, opportunities, and training.
• Make periodic presentations to senior management regarding sales trends, market characteristics and resource needs.
• Address performance management issues effectively, engaging HR and the supervisor, etc. as needed.
• Assist in the development of sales goals, training programs, incentive plan design and sales force alignment, among other strategic sales initiatives.
• Manage Sales Managers.
• Abide by Company policies and government laws and regulations.
• Ensure training of the sales force avoiding Legal and ethical issues