- 7 years minimum experience of in-depth knowledge of Oracle database administration including version (non-RAC) 12c required.
- Experience with Oracle packages and utilities including RMAN, Data Pump, SQL- Loader, Tracing
- In-depth knowledge of concepts and experience writing SQL and PL/SQL code and the ability to analyze, diagnose, and tune database queries
- Experience managing, monitoring and tuning Linux servers running Oracle databases.
- Experience writing, maintaining and documenting shell scripts (Perl or Python acceptable as well). -
- Ability to analyze, diagnose and tune database and query performance at all associated layers (database, network, server, disk).
- Working knowledge of programming languages, esp. C#, ASP.Net or Java
- Periodic off-hours maintenance and support as necessary
- Experience working in a public cloud (AWS)
- Experience working with MySql in a clustered environment
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider.
Key Responsibilities :
- 24/7 support for production database environments to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by our business systems.
- 80% administration / 20% design, planning and development.
- Support the Production,QA, Development, Test and Release Candidate environment database systems.
- Install and maintain database software including upgrades and patches and tracking of associated required licensing.
- Manage, maintain and monitor database backups and recovery processes and procedures
- Manage, maintain and monitor database security controls in accordance with company security policies.
- Monitor, tune and report on the performance of both the databases and the systems on which they run.
- Work with both Development and QA teams to support and assist in the development, testing and tuning of database applications including architecture, design and SQL tuning.
- Write scripts (both at the OS and Database levels) to automate repetitive or complex tasks.
- Design, develop and maintain appropriate levels of documentation for the database environment as well as and database or system processes and procedures.
Technical skills required :
- Oracle or MySQL
- Python or perl
- Logic Monitor
- Oracle Certifications
- Linux Certifications
- AWS Certifications